Variations can be added to a Hotspot to show the user different images of the design. Variations can be used in a multitude of ways:
- show different geometric configurations of an interior, such as different locations for a stairwell
- show different overlay information such as walking traffic or energy usage
- show different representations such as see-through, electrical systems, or just walls
Each Variation image should be rendered/taken from the same position that the Scene image was produced.
To add Variations to a Hotspot, follow these instructions. In this example, we will use Variants to show users three different cross-bracing options for a new building.
- Open your Vv in the Online Authoring Portal
- Find the Scene that you want to add Variations to. You will need to create a Hotspot in the Scene to hold these Variations. Click the +Add Hotspot button under the desired Scene.
- The first Variation is automatically filled in with the original Scene image.
- To add a description to the first Variation, select the image. In this example, the original image represents a design decision of cross bracing every floor, so we will add that to the description and save the Variation.
- Now it's time to upload your different design options. Select V2, next to the original image, and upload a different image from your device. For this example, the second Variation shows cross bracing every 3 floors. We will add that to the description and save this Variation.
- To add another Variant, select V3 in the Hotspot. We currently support adding up to four Variations!
- After you are done adding Variants, don't forget to place your Hotspot within the Scene!