The Google VR180 image formats are 180° stereoscopic panoramas. Cameras that capture content in this format are the Lenovo Mirage and Yi Horizon. These cameras are paired with the VR180 app available on the Google Play Store and on the Apple App Store.
Google has a helpful user manual: Learn about VR180
To turn on and connect to the Mirage:
- Turn on the camera by pressing the small circular power button on the top side. The rectangular shutter button should light up green. Press the button one more time and it should light up blue.
If you are able to use the VR180 app, follow these steps next:
- Install the VR180 app from either the Google Play Store for Android phones or the App store for iPhones.
- Open the app and follow the instructions to connect your camera.
- To capture an image, click on the camera icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- A preview screen will open up, click the circle at the bottom of your screen to take a picture. The camera will make a clicking sound, after which you can press the back button to return to the home screen.
- You can view your pictures using the "View All" button at the top right of the home screen. Your photos should also automatically save to the "Google Photos" app, after which you can use them as you please.