The Ricoh Theta S camera is a 360° camera that quickly captures monoscopic panoramas. This camera is paired with the RICOH THETA app available on the Google Play Store and on the Apple App Store, but you can also use Google Street View to view and save your images.
Ricoh has a helpful user manual: https://support.theta360.com/en/manual/s/index.html
To turn on and connect to the camera:
- Turn on the camera by pressing the power button on its side. The button should light up blue.
- Press the wireless button below the camera to turn on its wireless capability.
- Open your phone's WiFi options and select the camera's wifi network. It will look something like "THETAXS" followed by a series of numbers, followed by ".OSC". The password for this network is the series of numbers in its name.
- For example, the WiFi network "THETAXS00240962.OSC" has the passcode "00240962".
If you are able to use the Ricoh Theta app, follow these steps next:
- Install the RICOH THETA app from either the Google Play Store for Android phones or the App store for iPhones.
- Open the app and verify that the camera is connected. If not, you will see the following message and be prompted to connect the camera:
- To capture an image, click on the circle in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- After a brief delay, the image will appear under "device images" and you will be able to use it as you please.
To use Google Street View with the Ricoh Theta S, follow these steps:
- Install and open the Google Street View app.
- Once connected to the Ricoh Theta S, click on the camera icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen to open the camera interface.
- Click on the camera button on the bottom-middle of your screen to take a picture.
- Your image should appear under the "Private" section of the Street View app. Only you can see these images and you can now use them as you like.