- Select the V|V in the web portal
- Make sure the V|V is already in "Annotate" mode
- Review and edit the permissions of people associated with the V|V
- from the Details pane, click the "Publish" option
As a Project Owner, after you've created the structure for your V|V (the design questionnaire), you have the opportunity to open that same V|V on your mobile device and create voice+gaze recordings. These recordings help your end users connect with the content. You are not required to create these recordings but they do help you tell a more compelling story about your design variations.
We refer to most content oriented operations on the Web Portal (http://portal.visualvocal.com) as being in the "Editing" phase. Creation and editing operations that take place within the Visual Vocal mobile VR app are part of the "Annotating" phase.
You can confirm which phase a V|V is in by looking in several places:
- In the list of V|Vs there is a column called Status and this lists what stage the V|V is currently in.
- If you select a V|V, the Details pane has several buttons at the top that change depending on the stage.
- When in the Edit phase, the available buttons are "Annotate" and "Delete."
- When in the Annotate phase, the available buttons are "Edit" and "Delete."
The general steps for taking a V|V all the way through the publishing stage are:
- EDIT: Upload and organize your content on the web portal
- ANNOTATE: add voice+gaze recordings via the Visual Vocal mobile VR app
- PUBLISH: an email is sent to end-users (Stakeholders, Participants, and Viewers) that there is a new V|V ready for them to interact with.
NOTE: The different stages are exclusive, which means that you can only work on the operations that are part of that phase. In order to record voice+gaze, you will have to leave the Editing stage and begin an Annotation stage. While you are in the Annotation phase, we prevent you from adding or editing content such as scenes and hotspots. It wouldn't be much fun if you started recording a story about a particular design variation within a Hotspot and another Project Owner deleted that Hotspot at the same time.
Detailed steps for publishing a V|V
- Create your V|V, with all its appropriate content, Hotspots, Variations, Teleporters, and image descriptions.
- Select the appropriate project in the left navigation pane.
- If you don't see either "Annotate" or "Publish" buttons, that most likely indicates that the V|V is currently in the "Annotating" phase.
- Proceed to your mobile device
- Open the V|V
- Create some amazing voice+gaze recordings.
- At the end of the your recording process, select the "Send" button near the bottom of your VR display.
- For more information on Annotating, refer to the article, "Creating Audio Annotations And Tours Of A V|V".
- NOTE: These steps are very important as different phases of a project usually merit access by different people.
- In the web portal, select your V|V
- In the left Nav pane, click on "INVITES"
- Your end-users will receive an email notifying them that there is a new V|V waiting for their attention.
- Once the V|V feedback period has ended (typically five days) you can:
- Return to the web portal to track overall response rates
- Open the V|V on your own mobile device to get an overview of end-user responses, including votes and voice+gaze feedback.
Here's a diagram that outlines this publishing process: