- Stereo spheremaps: maximum resolution (left + right) is 4096 x 4096
- Stereo cubemaps: maximum resolution (left + right) of 6144 x 2048
- Monoscopic spheremaps: maximum resolution is 4096 x 2048
- Upload JPGs instead of PNGs as JPGs will upload more quickly
Your end goal is to have your users experience your content in as an immersive manner as possible. To this end, it's best if your content is covers a full 360 degrees both in the horizontal and vertical dimensions.
A single stereo image file that creates a 3D “world” in which users will experience a design and potentially provide feedback.
Immersion is also aided if your images are in stereo. This is true no matter if your content is synthetic (created by a CAD or modeling package) or from the real world (panoramic camera capture).
In terms of file type, Visual Vocal can accept both PNG and JPG images. Because JPG files are usually smaller, they will upload more quickly to the web portal. Thus, we recommend you upload JPGs when possible. Our service converts all images to JPG to reduce download times for the end-user's mobile phone.
For our current release, there are two main types of immersive images that we support: spheremaps and cubemaps. Some rendering packages emit one and some specialize in the other.
The drop-down menu in the Details pane shows you which panorama formats Visual Vocal currently supports:
Each format has its own resolution recommendations which are summarized below:
|Icon||Description||Suggested Resolution||Suggested Single eye resolution|
|MONO spheremap||4096 x 2048||2048 x 2048|
|Google Cardboard VR Photo||10500 x 1669*||10500 x 1669|
|STEREO A360 cubemap, bottom-top||6144 x 2048||6144 x 1024|
|STEREO spheremap, left-right||8192 x 2048||4096 x 2048|
|STEREO spheremap, top-bottom||4096 x 4096||4096 x 2048|
|STEREO spheremap, bottom-top||4096 x 4096||4096 x 2048|
|STEREO VRAY/GearVR/Oculus cubemap (left-right)||1288x1024||6144x1024|
|MONO cubemap||Not supported|
|STEREO cubemap (top-bottom)||Not supported|
|STEREO Streetview||Not supported|
|MONO standard image||Not supported|
* For Google Carboard VR Photos one of the stereo images is embedded in the metadata for the file so the resulting file only has the dimensions for a monoscopic (single eye) image.
Related support articles:
- Where Can I Get More Information About Rendering Images For Virtual Reality?
- RENDERING PHOTOSPHERES AND PANORAMAS