These instructions are geared to people who are well versed in using both 3ds Max and V-Ray. These instructions are meant to help you optimize your workflow so that you can produce 360 stereo panoramas that work well with the Visual Vocal web portal and mobile VR application.
For information on what kinds of image files you should upload, including recommended resolutions, refer to the article, What Kinds Of Content Can Be Uploaded To Visual Vocal?
- Open the Render Setup dialog by choosing Rendering → Render Setup… from the menu.
- Select the V-Ray renderer in the Renderer window.
- Under Assign Renderer, ensure that V-Ray is assigned for the Production renderer.
- Under Camera, set the camera type to "Spherical panorama".
- Enable the Override FOV setting and enter 360 degrees for the field of view value.
- Set the Vertical FOV value to 180 degrees.
- Enable the "adjust resolution" setting.
- Choose an output layout, either "Side-by-Side" or "Top-Bottom"
For more information about the Autodesk 3ds Max product, please refer to: