You may find that there are other VR viewer smartphone attachments that you prefer over the officially supported Homido mini. Visual Vocal works great with these too, especially as our application does not require you to tap on the screen when in virtual reality mode.
Google has conveniently listed a bunch of alternative VR viewer smartphone attachments.
By default, the Visual Vocal mobile application is pre-configured to use the Homido VR viewer. To configure the application to work a different viewer, follow these steps:
- Run the Visual Vocal mobile app.
- Leave your phone out of the VR viewer so you can access the following steps.
- Enter into "VR mode" by opening a V|V and holding your smartphone in landscape orientation.
- Tap on the "gear" icon at the bottom center of the view:
- Tap on the option that appear at the bottom of your screen that says, "Switch viewer".
- Make sure to allow our application to use your camera
- Aim your phone's camera at the QR code associated with your favorite VR viewer smartphone attachment.
- That should be it. Your Visual Vocal app should now be correctly configured.
For detailed information on configuring VR viewer smartphone attachments, sometimes known as Google Cardboard, refer to Google's Cardboard page.
Visit this third party website that lists QR calibration codes for a broad set of VR viewer attachments. NOTE: we can not guarantee that this third party information is up-to-date.
For information on calibrating for the recommended Homido Mini, refer to the article, "Configuring The Visual Vocal App For The Homido VR Viewer."