A hotspot is a container that allows end users to switch between different visual variations for a particular scene. A hotspot can be used in a multitude of ways:
- show different geometric configurations of an interior, such as different locations for a stairwell
- show different overlay information such as walking traffic or energy usage
- show different representations such as see-through, electrical systems, or just walls
To create a hotspot
- Open a V|V
- select a scene
- Click the "+ Add Hotspot" below the image for the selected scene
- The first variation is automatically assigned to be the same as the scene image. The image for the first variation can not directly be changed
- Click the "Place" button directly under the hotspot selection button
- The lightbox opens to aid in placing hotspots
- Click on the desired location for the hotspot within the scene:
- NOTE: in general it is best if the hotspot is fairly near the horizon. Hotspots that are far above or below the horizon are less likely to be seen by end-users and are harder to activate since they require extreme head and neck postures.
Any scene can have several hotspots. Have fun trying out new usages for hotspots.