Part of the power of a Visual Vocal interactive experience is that content creators and record voice, gaze, and interaction annotations of a scene in a Vv. These annotations serve to:
- give warmer, human feel to the panoramic content
- guide end-users as to what aspects of a design to pay attention to
When a recording is made within the context of a hotspot, the following is added as an annotation:
- the content creator's voice,
- where the content creator is looking, indicated via a colored reticle that follows the creator's gaze
- interactions the content creator makes, such as selecting different variations within a hotspot
The steps to make a rich annotation are:
- Make sure, from the web portal (http://portal.visualvocal.com/), that your Vv is in "Annotate" mode. More information on the various phases for a Vv is available in the articles, "How Do I Publish A Vv (Design Questionnaire)?" and "Vvs".
- Proceed to your mobile device and start the Visual Vocal mobile VR application
- Open the desired Vv
- Navigate to the hotspot for which you want to create an annotation
- Open the hotspot by keeping your gaze on the square icon associated with the hotspot
- Once the hotspot opens, activate the "Record" button (red circle)
NOTE: If you duplicate a Vv via the web portal, any recorded annotations are not copied over to the new copy of the Vv.